- Last Updated on Thursday, 28 November 2013 07:22
- By: Abhishek Jain
Paying electricity bills online is the easiest way to avoid standing in queues for electricity bill payment. Most states in India now have online bill payment and Bangalore being the hub of IT industry has multiple avenues to make payments of electricity bills online. Based on convenience and ease of use people can choose one of the multiple methods that are available for making the payment:
(Please note the RR number/Sub Division or Account Number and bill amount on your bill before you login to any site mentioned below).
- Bangalore One Portal (http://www.bangaloreone.gov.in/): Bangalore one portal provides multiple services that include phone bill payment (both mobile and landline), electricity bill payment, water bill payment, ticket booking, flight booking etc in Bangalore. This is the most commonly used and preferred portal by most people in Bangalore. They also charge transaction fee for using their system.
Modes of Payments accepted: Debit/Credit Cards (VISA, MASTER CARDS and AMEX CARDS)
- Billdesk (http://www.billdesk.com): Billdesk has been providing services for online bill payment of all kinds of bills (electricity, telephone, etc) for more than a decade now. In fact many utilities BESCOM and Bangaloreone included use their services for bill payment. Bill desk works on bank account registration and you will have to fill up a physical form and send it through snail mail before you can start using their services. But once the registration is done the services can be used across the country. Also they will send notifications when there is a new bill for your account.
Modes of Payments accepted: Mostly Bank accounts.
- BESCOM portal (http://bescom.org/en/consumer-portal-for-online-services/): This is the least publicized portal but is maintained by BESCOM themselves. There is a service charge of 1% for using this portal.
Modes of Payments accepted: Netbanking and Credit Cards.
- Netbanking portals: Most nationalized banks like HDFC,ICICI, IDBI etc have tied up with Billdesk to provide online bill payment facility. You just need to sign up for bill payment facility with your bank and add your BESCOM account on it and you can start making the payments. Most banks also provide notification service when a new bill is available for payment.
Mode of Payment: Only Netbanking.
About Bijli Bachao: Bijli Bachao is an initiative to provide electricity saving tips to people & motivate them for saving electricity at their home and offices. Bijli Bachao has been started with the vision of empowering consumers with useful information and tools to help them understand their electricity consumption and learn ways to reduce the same. The idea essentially is to make energy efficiency ‘a cool product’!
Tools on our website that you can use: